Do you need counseling?
- Do you feel overwhelmed and stressed out?
- Do you want to find peace, fulfillment, contentment and joy again?
- Do you seek Biblical guidance on important or uncomfortable life issues, like intimacy, sexuality or recurring sin?
- Are you struggling with your emotions or thoughts?
- Are you looking for guidance on how to implement your love for God in your work?
If you answered YES to one or more of these questions, counseling will definitely help you to find answers and to move forward.
Counseling allows you to discuss your problems and difficult life situations in a safe, confidential environment. Counseling is a great way of working towards a change in your life.
Counseling typically requires multiple sessions, but is not a fixed program. The approach is highly individual and customized to your needs. Next to the counseling sessions, you will receive assignments as homework.
A few practical notes:
- We will always have an introductary conversation to see if I’m the right counselor for you.
- Counseling can be done both in Dutch or in English
- Counseling can be done both face to face or through video-conferencing (Skype, Facetime, Whatsapp, etc.)
- Are you in need of more support than counseling sessions only? BCE offers retreats in Spain for women in need of rest and focus on God, in a safe and welcoming environment.
Why Biblical Counseling?
Life brings us all kinds of circumstances. How we deal with them is depending on our believes. The Bible teaches us that we can overcome worry, stress or emotional issues in our life by being obedient to God.
A Changed Heart
In Biblical counseling we are looking to our external source of truth and wisdom, Jesus Christ. We need the Holy Spirit to bring change in our hearts and to bring forth changed feelings, changed thoughts and changed attitudes. Only through a changed heart we can be reconciled with Him and others. Only through a changed heart we can submit to God’s will for our lives and will we be able to find lasting joy and peace.
A Biblical counselor recognizes the Word of God as complete, sufficient and infallible, and able to deal with every life situation. By studying and submitting to His Word we are able to change wrong ways of thinking and we can deal with our emotional and mental struggles.
Why not secular counseling?
As you can see on my personal page and in my articles, I have been coach and counselor for many years. My counseling was, just like my view on life, inspired by New Age- and secular thinking and involved a lot of different secular, psychological practices.
In secular counseling and psychology counselors and therapists are looking for the solution of most problems within the counselees. Counselees are directed to improve themselves, to grow in self-esteem and their sense of self-worth. In secular counseling the counselees are urged and trained to support themselves from within, from their own source of energy, their own truth, their own morality and according to their own idea of God.
As soon as I started to read the Bible I was struck by its truth. I saw that every kind of therapy, practice or training that I had done before was nothing compared to the life-changing Word of God. I realized that secular counseling isn’t sufficient to deal with the issues of the heart and recurring sin.
Do you want to know if Biblical Counseling is the way for you to go?
Fill out the below form, send an e-mail to email@example.com or whatsapp +34 722864259. I’ll get back to you within 48 hours!